Wiper Blaster - Wipe Drive & Erase Software - $6.99
WHY WE NEED WIPER BLASTER:
- When a file is deleted, it is not gone forever, and any file removed from the Recycle Bin can be easily recovered with even common undelete software!
- The Windows delete function does not clear the space where the deleted file has been located but only marks an entry in the directory (folder) as deleted.
- All data and information about the file still remains on the disk and can be restored!
- Old data will be available until another file overwrites it (uses the same space on the disk). The only way to prevent data from being recovered is to overwrite it.
- When you a delete a file, it isn’t really erased – it continues existing on your hard drive, even after you empty it from the Recycle Bin. This allows you (and other people) to recover files you’ve deleted.If you’re not careful, this will also allow other people to recover your confidential files, even if you think you’ve deleted them. This is a particularly important concern when you’re disposing of a computer or hard drive.
- The functions that Disk Redactor performs are wiping all free unused space on your disks, and writing a big file with zeros to overwrite all old (deleted) files on your drive. After using Disk Redactor, all old data will be erased completely without any chances for its recovery.
- The main purpose of Prevent Restore program is to make deleted files and folders unrecoverable. The program interface made as Wizard program, thus newbie can make professional job. Prevent Restore will overwrite all free disk space on your hard disk(s) that contain fragments of deleted files by random data to avoid any possibility of recovery. Program uses several security algorithms (DoD 5220.22, Gutmann you can replace deleted data with random characters, digits, spaces e.t.c.). While working Prevent Restore fills out information to the end of each cluster, leaving no chance to restore even just one word!
- Wiper Blaster The main purpose of the Prevent Recovery program is to make deleted files and folders unrecoverable.
- Prevent Recovery will overwrite all free space on your hard disk(s) that contain fragments of deleted files with the random data to avoid any possibility of recovery. It uses several security algorithms (DoD 5220.22, Gutmann you can replace deleted data with random characters, digits, spaces e.t.c.). While writing Prevent Recovery fills out information to the end of each cluster, leaving no chance to restore even just one word!
Is there any chance to recover data that was overwritten?
Here is an answer from world knowledge base WikiPedia: "Since 1996 ...there's no practical evidence that overwritten data can be recovered. Moreover, there are good reasons to think that it cannot." Prevent Recovery makes unrecoverable temporary files, cached files, logs e.t.c. which were also previously deleted.
Will it work with removable storage?
Yes, Prevent Recovery can wipe deleted files on any disk like usb flash disk, memory stick or any other sort of removable disk (media storage). However you cannot use it on CD (CDR, DVD) - such disks should be physically burn to avoid any possibility of recovery.
Because your hard disk free space can be over hundred Gigs, complete anti-recovery process can take a while. For example, up to one hour or even more on a large disk free space. It's normal. You can leave Prevent Recovery working and it will turn off computer when done. There is also built-in option to prevent computer from StandBy mode to make sure all operations will be fully complete.
Software to Overwrite and Delete Files or Just Free Drive Space